Wednesday, April 8, 2009

My Passion


Hello, My name is Shawna, and I am a Bookaholic.
That's right, anyone that truly knows me knows that I LOVE books. Not just reading them, but the feel of them in my hands as I flip thru the pages....
It all started when I was a kid. We'd visit my Grandma Pauly in Renton once or twice a year. She was a librarian there, and would always have a big stack of books waiting at her house when we arrived. Over the years, there were always books all around her favorite chair. I remember watching her read with her little glasses on, chuckling to herself on occasion.
I must have picked up on this somewhere along the line - I'm not sure I know the exact moment. Thinking back, I've always loved to read. I could sit in my room for hours with a good book and a bag of sunflower seeds. It must be breed into me.
Don't get me wrong - I'm not a complete hermit. I do love to get outside and play with my kids, and do fun activities with friends. When most people are asked how they relax, many respond with "a day at the spa", "a glass of wine", "a bubble bath", "watch tv"..... Just give me a book. It's the greatest escape!
So to keep you all updated on what I am reading, I'm thinking of starting a seperate blog. We'll see how it goes. I might just be too busy reading....... =)

No comments:

Post a Comment